Facilitated group strategy sessions for nonprofit organizations, collaboratives + partnerships, and community groups. . .
develop elements of strategy, to be utilized as standalone tools or building blocks for a strategic plan
sharpen your existing plans, evaluating and adapting approaches to the present moment
generate tools for ongoing strategic decision-making
build relationships and nurture an inclusive and participatory culture in your organization
identify action steps to move your strategy forward.
1. Vision and Purpose Workshop 2.5 hour session Virtual or In-Person
Sharpen the focus of your collective vision and align your collective purpose. Generate or update agreed-upon statements of vision and shared purpose for your organization to incorporate into future strategic planning or use for decision-making.
2. Boundaries Workshop 2 hour session Virtual or In-Person
Define the boundaries of your work and create a framework that can be used to evaluate future opportunities. If knowing when to say "yes" and when to say "no" is a struggle in your organization, this process and the tool you will create together will support ongoing strategic decision-making and define your niche.
3. Strategy Screen Workshop 2 hour session Virtual or In-Person
Go further in developing your organization's criteria for ongoing strategic decision-making in this companion session to the Boundaries Workshop above. Work as a group to create a tool to use alongside your Boundaries framework to screen opportunities and ideas to ensure that your choices are strategic and aligned with organizational priorities.
4. Big Questions Workshop 2-3 hour session Virtual or In-Person Identify and explore the current Big Questions in the life of your organization. Inthis session we will focus on 2-5 major strategic questions that define thismoment and will determine future choices. Your team will engage in facilitatedconversation about these questions and generate action steps to move yourorganization through major strategic decisions.
5. Dynamic Tensions Workshop 2-3 hour session Virtual or In-Person
Dig into the active tensions within your work that can lead to strategicbreakthroughs. What challenges, conflicts, and sticking points can revealopportunities for growth? Identify ways to work with these tensions and agreeupon a strategic course of action informed by group learning and discussion.
6. Culture Check Up 3 hour session In-Person
Assess your organization's culture, envision your dream culture, and identify actions and changes you can make together to build the organizational culture of your dreams.
7. Adaptive Strategy Session 3 hour session Virtual or In-Person Refresh your strategies and update your existing plans. Evaluate your organization's work in an interactive, participatory format and decide together what's working and what needs to change. Work as a team to adapt plans based on what you are learning.